Why do Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs celebrate christmas

Ok, so I am back at work.

All I have heard this morning is what a wonderful Christmas my fella worker has had. He is Sikh.

I don't want to cause any offence, but I just cannot understand why he celebrates it. They don't believe in Jesus, and really it's not part of the cultural.

Any Sikhs, Hindus or Muslims on here celebrate it, and care to open my mind as to why you celebrate it?

I am sure their god wounldn't like them to do so. :huh:

Thanks.

Im an atheist that loves christmas:love: I celebrate the existence of mulled wine, seeing my family all together, cold days and warm fires and may other things.

Ok, so I am back at work.

All I have heard this morning is what a wonderful Christmas my fella worker has had. He is Sikh.

I don't want to cause any offence, but I just cannot understand why he celebrates it. They don't believe in Jesus, and really it's not part of the cultural.

Any Sikhs, Hindus or Muslims on here celebrate it, and care to open my mind as to why you celebrate it?

I am sure their god wounldn't like them to do so. :huh:

Thanks.

Why do folks celebrate Chinese New Year, St Patrick's Day and any other excuse for a party? Perhaps its because it's an excuse for a party.

on a similer note ive been thinking about times past and how they celebrated christmas, things must have been really really different before the aspects we know and love were created.

ie:- been reading an article in the big issue about christmas and it says stuff like

santa was "invented" in 1931

rudolph was created in 1936even the nativity was only brought up fully in 1223 cos st francis of assissi was fed up of the gluttony of christmas

so i wonder what christmas wouldve looked like back through history before these icons we know today

Rudolph was actually a girl! :D

Archived