Why do Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs celebrate christmas

I thought it was called Fasching in Germany and Carnevale in Venice.

Fasching is used in some parts of Germany, Carneval in others, but it's pretty much a festival of the Roman Catholic areas. Also known as Carnival in Trinidad and Rio, Mardi Gras in New Orleans and Shrove Tuesday/Pancake Day here.

The Carne in Carneval is from the Latin for meat and is to do with the giving up of meat for Lent.

Is that the same as Fasching?

The terms are interchangeable although Fasching tends to be used more in the east and south. Today was Rosenmontag with all the street parades and general drunken lunacy. Going out again later for more beer.

Pancake day tomorrow.

Ok, so I am back at work.

All I have heard this morning is what a wonderful Christmas my fella worker has had. He is Sikh.

I don't want to cause any offence, but I just cannot understand why he celebrates it. They don't believe in Jesus, and really it's not part of the cultural.

Any Sikhs, Hindus or Muslims on here celebrate it, and care to open my mind as to why you celebrate it?

I am sure their god wounldn't like them to do so. :huh:

Thanks.

Hey speccy guess what EVEN TRUE REAL Christians should really NOT celebrate x-mas!

as the Bible tells us Jesus birth was Kept a Secret!

I sometimes think the break with Rome was a mistake - look at the fun they have.

We get to listen to the CoE sermonising about Lent, and eat some pancakes.

Whoopee.

pancakes are good though:love:

Henry VIII and Ann Boleyn both sounded like arseholes but I am extremely grateful for their existences!

Kept a Secret? Where does it say that? :huh:

Hi, if you have read the stories in the Bible , the Book says Jesus Birth was Kept a Secret as king "harold" was killing all the new borns!

december date was a roman pagan holiday date which was then integrated into the new religion . which was of coarse used by the roman and then the church to control people

hence why for many many years it was ILLEGAL to have the Bible translated into English!

Hi, if you have read the stories in the Bible , the Book says Jesus Birth was Kept a Secret as king "harold" was killing all the new borns!

december date was a roman pagan holiday date which was then integrated into the new religion . which was of coarse used by the roman and then the church to control people

hence why for many many years it was ILLEGAL to have the Bible translated into English!

king who????

Archived