Why do Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs celebrate christmas

I assume this is meant to be a joke !

I think (ready to be corrected) rich meant he respects the rights of individuals to celebrate Christmas because of a religious bent, even though he isn't. Religiously bent that is. :hihi:

Ok, so I am back at work.

All I have heard this morning is what a wonderful Christmas my fella worker has had. He is Sikh.

I don't want to cause any offence, but I just cannot understand why he celebrates it. They don't believe in Jesus, and really it's not part of the cultural.

Any Sikhs, Hindus or Muslims on here celebrate it, and care to open my mind as to why you celebrate it?

I am sure their god wounldn't like them to do so. :huh:

Thanks.

Why do they celebrate it? Cos they're not stupid. They enjoy the festive season without worrying too much about the religious part just as millions of others who are not regular churchgoers do

Better than the devout atheists who cut off their noses to spite their faces and act like a bunch of Grinches, Jovies. Puritans (take your pick) when Dec 25th rolls around. :hihi:

Thats the way the op appears to have phrased it - non christians celebrating Christmas.

yes, i seem to have been more focused on the title of the thread.

when i read the post again i realised there was a reference to non-christians in general.

So no Muslim, Hindu or Sikh on here?

Sikhs and Hindus do not believe in Jesus, why would he be in Hindu scriptures? Their religion is a lot older than Christianity.

Sikhs believe in gurus.

Muslims believe in Jesus as a Messiah, however they do not believe he was born on the 25th Dec, so again why?

I just want to know why How does this fit into their cultural? Are they changing their traditions/cultural, and religion by celebrating it? They just trying to "fit" n. LOL.

Sikhs and Hindus do not believe in Jesus, why would he be in Hindu scriptures? Their religion is a lot older than Christianity.

Sikhs believe in gurus.

Muslims believe in Jesus as a Messiah, however they do not believe he was born on the 25th Dec, so again why?

I just want to know why How does this fit into their cultural? Are they changing their traditions/cultural, and religion by celebrating it? They just trying to "fit" n. LOL.

Would you find it odd if one of your friends brought me (a stranger) to your birthday party?

Sikhs believe in gurus.

At least half the Christian academics don't believe he was born on December 25th either.

Archived