Why do Muslims/Hindus/Sikhs celebrate christmas

I just want to know why How does this fit into their cultural? Are they changing their traditions/cultural, and religion by celebrating it? They just trying to "fit" n. LOL.

Having a party in the mid winter is going to be popular regardless of which religion currently claims it as its own and whatever special meaning they attach to it that has no meaning for everyone else. Remember, christians have changed their traditions to fit in with the previous 'owners' of the event.

They are not celebrating christmas, they are having a party in the mid winter - the same as the atheists, etc.

Islam.

Jesus is a prophet known as Isa.

The story runs about the same but he didn't get nailed to anything.

Many Muslims here don't actually celebrate Christmas but give kids gifts on the day.

Less so in the mainly Muslim villages but more commonly in cities where their kids have a lot of Christian friends.

Many attend Christmas parties because they have Christian mates.

Islam.

Jesus is a prophet known as Isa.

The story runs about the same but he didn't get nailed to anything.

Many Muslims here don't actually celebrate Christmas but give kids gifts on the day.

Less so in the mainly Muslim villages but more commonly in cities where their kids have a lot of Christian friends.

Many attend Christmas parties because they have Christian mates.

I agree

why cant the op just accept that people from diffrent cultures / religions can celebrate a day of giving and happy times spent with family and freinds. lets just all celebrate regardless of anything :thumbsup:

Quickly trying to remember my old Sunday School days but it had already been acknowledged many many years ago that 25th December wasnt the actual birth of Christ. I think Christmas comes from Christ Mas = Christ Celebration or something along those lines. I think the actual date was chosen as something with it being a Pagan festival or Roman Feast - but im sure the historians on the forum will more then happily correct me if im wrong

So no Muslim, Hindu or Sikh on here?

Sikhs and Hindus do not believe in Jesus, why would he be in Hindu scriptures? Their religion is a lot older than Christianity.

Sikhs believe in gurus.

Muslims believe in Jesus as a Messiah, however they do not believe he was born on the 25th Dec, so again why?

I just want to know why How does this fit into their cultural? Are they changing their traditions/cultural, and religion by celebrating it? They just trying to "fit" n. LOL.

many Hindus do celebrate christmas,and believe that Jesus was a great prophet.i have known some personally so i do know this.

the well known spiritual leader Gandhi would often quote the words of Jesus,as do many other spiritual leaders of that faith.

I don't celebrate it.

I dont put lights up, no xmas tree, no card or present giving.

Even my non Muslim friends don't get a card!

As far as I am concerned this is a Pagan festival. It doesn't bother me others celebrating it. A family member celebrates it like a true British trooper. I am Muslim first and British second.

:) x

I don't celebrate it.

I dont put lights up, no xmas tree, no card or present giving.

Even my non Muslim friends don't get a card!

As far as I am concerned this is a Pagan festival. It doesn't bother me others celebrating it. A family member celebrates it like a true British trooper. I am Muslim first and British second.

:) x

well it was a Pagan festival first,but whats wrong with that.

well it was a Pagan festival first,but whats wrong with that.

Is there anything in my post that suggests there is anything wrong with it.

I am not a Pagan, and I am not a Christian. However you look at it..It is distorted.

Like I said I don't have an issue with people celebrating it, but I don't. I respect people celebrating it, and people should respect my views as to why I don't.

Thanks.

Do you know what Pagan means?

It means - a people or community observing a polytheistic religion

or - a person who is not a Christian, Jew, or Muslim.

It being a Pagan festival should clearly tell you why I do not celebrate it being a Muslim.

Archived