Cancelling a direct debit

Rensh

We are talking about someone that as just changed their mind not broken a leg or something that prevents them from using the gym ……… if you know of any company that just lets you walk away from a contract I am sure the people on here would like to hear about them.

Did I say that any company would let you walk away just because they wanted to. I'm sure I said that where some would let you either post-pone or cancel for a legitimate reason SIV won't let you for any reason

Your bank can cancel the DD on request. Give them a call or do it online.

However as the others have said, you will still owe SIV the money if you signed a contract to pay for 12 months. If you cancel your DD they will probably write asking for the money, and if you don't pay they could pass it to a debt collection agency. I don't know if they would or not but it is an option open to them, and I know some gyms do this as a matter of routine if a DD is cancelled mid-contract.

Did I say that any company would let you walk away just because they wanted to. I'm sure I said that where some would let you either post-pone or cancel for a legitimate reason SIV won't let you for any reason

They let me cancel my fitness unlimited with 3 months outstanding after I hurt my hip and was unable to go.

Was a couple of years ago though.

They let me cancel my fitness unlimited with 3 months outstanding after I hurt my hip and was unable to go.

Was a couple of years ago though.

So they do have some “some human compassion”, I was a member at Concorde in the days before SIV and for many years after they took it over and I never had any problems with them.

Archived