Help .. motorway service stations

They may be limited services but I thought they were 24/7 all year round.

Here we go

The short answer to that is YES. All motorway service areas must be open for fuel, parking, toilets, hot drinks and food 24 hours a day, 365 days a year - including Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day and every other bank holiday. This is a condition of their licence, so there's no choice about it - they have to provide these services. If you're travelling on Christmas day, then you will be able to buy fuel at any motorway service area en route.

The main buildings will be shut, but the patrol stations will be open, and they usually have coffee machines and a toilet.

I guess that covers them for this part of the link I found –

All motorway service areas must be open for fuel, parking, toilets, hot drinks and food 24 hours a day, 365 days a year

Are motorway service stations open in the early hour of new years day,I will be travelling back to Sheffield up the M1 after the new years celebrations.

Thanks..

Make sure you have plenty of mints, and two pence coins. And don't speed. Hide all cans and splash yourself in brut.

Archived