Have i been a victim of credit card fraud?

Nope,no one recommend them...

Hsbc have been brilliant...told me the money would be back in my account by next week...they then take the issue up with the company I bought them from.

Although the money was marked as being taken out of you account you may have acted fast enough to prevent it being transferred to the other companies account …….. whatever happened it sounds like you had a lucky escape ……. Well done.

I have looked at the site and I can't see where it says it is a UK company and I thought that it was American. Also Nike trainers are made in Bejing so perhaps they were being shipped straight from the manufacturer. Have you read the terms and conditions I think that you may still get your shoes.

Have copied it below but for some reason it has left a big space sorry.

We will not ship before we have received payment. If you pay by credit card, the purchase price will be deducted from your account as soon as your order has been completed online. Payments can only be processed if the billing information can be verified. We will contact you if we have any problems taking payment from the card details you provide during the order process.

Taking payment does not mean we have accepted your order and, in the event of us not accepting your order, a full refund will be given as soon as reasonably possible.

I once ordered a telescope from a company on the internet. I paid up front and sure enough a little while later I received a parcel. It was however not a telescope, but a set of 3 table lamps. I complained to the company but was pointed to a section in the small print which said that should any ordered item not be available, they would send a different item of similar value.

Apparently this is legal, but I cannot go stargazing with a set of table lamps now can I? I would look silly gazing at Uranus through one of them!:roll:

I once ordered a telescope from a company on the internet. I paid up front and sure enough a little while later I received a parcel. It was however not a telescope, but a set of 3 table lamps. I complained to the company but was pointed to a section in the small print which said that should any ordered item not be available, they would send a different item of similar value.

Apparently this is legal, but I cannot go stargazing with a set of table lamps now can I? I would look silly gazing at Uranus through one of them!:roll:

Surely there are other planets you could look at Phil?

Nope,no one recommend them...

Hsbc have been brilliant...told me the money would be back in my account by next week...they then take the issue up with the company I bought them from.

while it's good that you won't lose any money, i do wonder why anyone would provide card details to a random website which could be run by anyone.

mind you, if you are willing to do that again, i'll send you a url...... :)

I thought they had to be purchases over £100 before the credit card company would get involved.

Did you bother to read post 4 before posting the above, if suspected fraud is involved it's a different matter. Plus would you yourself wait until more money might have been taken off your credit card before contacting the card company of your concern.

Yes,the email says to contact them for an alternative item!yet when I try to reply to the email to ask for a refund it says server down...no telephone number either.

Archived