Have i been a victim of credit card fraud?

Did you bother to read post 4 before posting the above,

Yes I did thanks

if suspected fraud is involved it's a different matter.

In what way …….. yes the card company could cancel the transaction but would they take action against the company involved ………. I don’t know?

Plus would you yourself wait until more money might have been taken off your credit card before contacting the card company of your concern.

As above I would expect them to cancel the transaction if it hadn’t already taken place, other that that I don’t know what would happen.

credit cards - equal liability under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974

Paying for goods or services by credit card is now a major part of daily life, with many people preferring this method of payment to using cash or cheques. An advantage of using a credit card is that, under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, customers who have a claim against a supplier for breach of contract or misrepresentation will generally have an equal claim against the card issuer.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ombudsman-news/31/creditcards-31.htm

• 4 months later...

I got in contact with the bank and they gave me a refund...then about a month later the company refunded me(reckon its cos the bank contacted them)...then HSBC took the money back they refunded.so all was well.but I reckon I wouldn't of seen my money had I not got the bank involved.will never buy online again unless it's through a valid source.

I cancelled my credit card too just to make sure they didn't try anything else.

I have looked at the site again and I suspect the whole thing is fake and they aren't even real nike shoes; the whole site is really badly put together. I should have realised when there was no phone number to contact them. I too will stick to more reputable sites in future.

Archived