New zealand recommendations

I am going for a 3 week holiday to NZ soon and am a bit lost as to where to go-:help:

I would like some recommendations of where to go for beautiful views and interesting experiences so that I can plan a route. Trip advisor has let me down because you can only search city by city and I don't know which cities I should go to-there are too many options!

anyone been?

Sounds great but if you are going halfway around the world I would have thought you would have done some planning a bit sooner than now……….. but fear not someone on here will have the answers.

i agree why ask other people for their recomendations do some insight youself..What they like may not be your cup of tea...

I am going for a 3 week holiday to NZ soon and am a bit lost as to where to go-:help:

I would like some recommendations of where to go for beautiful views and interesting experiences so that I can plan a route. Trip advisor has let me down because you can only search city by city and I don't know which cities I should go to-there are too many options!

anyone been?

The South Island is where you want to be, if you want beautiful views etc...

Recommend a cruise on Milford Sound:

http://www.southerndiscoveries.co.nz/

Lots of other places, just give me a shout if you want any further recommendations.

We went about 10yrs ago to visit family, highlights for us were...in no particular order....visit the top of Sky Tower in Auckland, great city views.

Boat trip to Rangitoto the volcanic island in the bay.

Book a boat trip to Tiri Tiri Matangi, a nature reserve island off the North Island which is full of flightless native birds.....I understand this now needs booking well in advance.

Visited Rotarua and whilst there visited a couple of geothermal parks with geysers, bubbling pools etc.

Speed boat ride through the Hole in the Rock from the beautiful bay of Islands

World famous Manganui Fish and Chip shop (yes honestly)

The Agrodome nr Rotarua

Waitomo glow worm caves - not unlike Derbyshire but with glow worms in caves and on the nearby cliffs.

And thats just North Island which is all we had time to do.

Have a great time whatever you do, quite jealous as I would love to do it again?

Oh and also Waitangi where the treaty was signed by the Maori and the British Crown where there is lots of Maori carvings and buildings

And the Huka Falls were great, with a speed boat trip on the river below....

And if you have time the Waipoua forest in Northland has the huge Kauri trees, I'd never seen anything like them

I want to go back now :-)

I went last year and did a bus tour with Stray...there are lots of companies who do that, and even if you're not wanting to do a bus tour at least you can look at the interesting places that they visit.

I worked for 4 weeks in Dunedin in Otago, on the South Island. Lovely quaint little city. I would definitely recommend Central Otago, for the views and the wine! Queenstown is lovely too.

As far as the North Island goes, I would second the Waitomo glow worm caves, they were spectacular. Also Rotarua is smelly but really pretty. Tongariro National Park (where Mount Doom is) is also amazing. I also stayed in Auckland for a few days and really enjoyed that too. The Whale and Dolphin tour was pretty ace. The people are all so friendly.

Pretty much wherever you go in NZ is beautiful. I'm jealous! Have a great time.

Archived