Any cinemas worth going to

I wouldn't recommend Vue at Meadowhall...... I've had a bad customer service experience with them....

My girlfriend (who's classified as disabled and whom is a student) and I booked tickets last Sunday. She HAS to eat at regulated times so we went to the food hall but were kept waiting for our food. Consequently we missed the start of the film, so upon returning home, I emailed them to ask if, given our circumstances, they would be prepared to honour the ticket for a different viewing at a quiet time.....

They refused even though my girlfriend is disabled and we missed the start through no fault of our own..... And haven't responded to my reply.

We won't go there again!

I wouldn't recommend Vue at Meadowhall...... I've had a bad customer service experience with them....

My girlfriend (who's classified as disabled and whom is a student) and I booked tickets last Sunday. She HAS to eat at regulated times so we went to the food hall but were kept waiting for our food. Consequently we missed the start of the film, so upon returning home, I emailed them to ask if, given our circumstances, they would be prepared to honour the ticket for a different viewing at a quiet time.....

They refused even though my girlfriend is disabled and we missed the start through no fault of our own..... And haven't responded to my reply.

We won't go there again!

They're hardly going to reimburse you because you were elsewhere getting food when the film was due to start. It's not the cinema's fault that you were delayed.

ROFL......... That's not the half of it!

lol...... I'm a tv producer!

And that makes a difference how?

Are there any good cinemas in sheffield woth going to

Cineworld!!! always... Great because you can go for a game of bowling if the film dont start for a while or after film or both lol, comfyish seats for a cinema, good selection of films, can even go for a meal theres a few places round the area.

Vue is ok but you got to go through meadowhall and not that keen on it really.

Odeon not bad but hate going to town unless i have to.

Cineworld is probably the best - the unlimited card is great value (provided you go more than twice a month) and they do show a wide range of films, even if they don't always give the smaller ones a decent run (Rudi y Curso is off already!). Plus its easy to get to and you can usually get parked.

It is not without its faults though.

It attracts idiots - particlulary on 'Orange Wednesdays' and Weekends. Complaints about bad behaviour or projection issues are often ignored. Snacks and drinks are a total rip off.

But if you go on a quiet night and sneak your own drinks in its much better!

Wow, 4 and a half year old thread!

Always meant to go to showroom with the ex but we never got round to it, it's somewhere I'd like to go with someone. Cineworld I go to on my own all the time, I've got my unlimited card and I make use of it :)

cineworld is good, been going for years!! but would like it if the staff listened, as i was there the other day and asked one of the staff if she would put the AC up, she said she has and it will get cooler in about 10 mins...... didnt get cooler till about 10 minutes to the end of the film, felt like walking out!!

Wow, 4 and a half year old thread!

Always meant to go to showroom with the ex but we never got round to it, it's somewhere I'd like to go with someone. Cineworld I go to on my own all the time, I've got my unlimited card and I make use of it :)

Go on your own! I never feel that I'm standing out like a sore thumb when I go there alone - have a nice relaxed drink beforehand, maybe something to eat, flick through their programme to plan your next month's viewing, flick through the varied books on sale, and then enjoy the show!

Archived