What's everyone doing for New Year's Eve?

Every year we say we are going to do something special and go out, book in advance but we never do, last year we booked to go out for a meal and ended up cancelling it as we both were full of cold. This year we haven't bothered booking anything yet again, every year is the same, stay in watch crap on telly, have a drink watch big ben, fireworks on telly and outside etc then go to bed not long after. What does everyone else get up to?? One year we are going to do something different I swear and not start thinking about it when its too late to do anything about it. Well I shall say it now Happy New Year fellow forumers!!!!!!

I'm always so knackered by NYE, all I want to do is have a few drinks...a take away with Mr F (no more cooking purleeeeeez!!).

And an early night, as I will be woken by a 7 year old at ....erm....7ish.

Not to mention being bothered by a 46 year old BEFORE I sleep...:D

My new years eve will be as follows, from around 6pm

1 - have my tea

2 - cup of coffee

3 - a long relaxing poo

4 - bath & shave

5 - meeting in the old monk

6 - have few beers in various pubs

7 - try to get into a decentish bar by around 11

8 - meet in the new year with a pint and good company

I haven't planned to do anything, the pubs will be heaving and unpleasant so I reckon I'll just take a walk around the city centre to take in the atmosphere when the clock strikes twelve.

Does anyone know of an outdoor place where people normally like to see in the new year in Sheffield?

Archived