Anything to do on a Thursday night?

Soulgirl75

Haha! How very rude!!.......I'm not sure I quite fit into that age bracket!! Not really what I was looking for but thanks for the suggestion DerbyTup.

Thanks for having a sense of humour - it can be at quite a premium on here sometimes.

Actually, the Devonshire Arms is a good pub with a very friendly, sociable atmosphere and Thursday's is a bit of a "happening" night. It used to be labelled as I described it - all those rich ladies in Dore who had killed their husband's off through too much activity and now had an inheritance and no-one to share it with. But it gets a good crowd in there most nights - so seriously if you haven't tried it then give it a go. I will be wearing a pink carnation btw! :)

Some other suggestions...

Are you sporty? I mean that in the nicest possible way? I think sport is a great way to fill one's time and to meet other people too.

Do you do gym? That's a good way to spend some time and get fit and meet people too. If nothing else you can come home knackered and eat without a guilty conscience!

How about Yoga or meditation? I haven't done it myself but I've been thinking of taking it up. I fancy trying that Buddhist place near Hunter's Bar.

Thanks DerbyTup - some good suggestions there!

I actually booked on to one of the meditation courses at the Buddhist centre but couldn't make it last minute due to a change in my childcare arrangements for that day. Was gutted as I was really looking forward to it - was determined to have a go after reading Eat, Pray, Love!

I'm not really a hugely sporty person although would like to do some yoga or an exercise class or a dance class or something.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for any of the above happening on a Thursday!

As for the Dev - I know it well but have never been on a Thursday...... pink carnations are commonplace there I believe so I'll take my Carmen Miranda hat to make sure you'll know who I am!! Do come and say Hi!

Thanks DerbyTup - some good suggestions there!

I actually booked on to one of the meditation courses at the Buddhist centre but couldn't make it last minute due to a change in my childcare arrangements for that day. Was gutted as I was really looking forward to it - was determined to have a go after reading Eat, Pray, Love!

I'm not really a hugely sporty person although would like to do some yoga or an exercise class or a dance class or something.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for any of the above happening on a Thursday!

As for the Dev - I know it well but have never been on a Thursday...... pink carnations are commonplace there I believe so I'll take my Carmen Miranda hat to make sure you'll know who I am!! Do come and say Hi!

Carmina Miranda?:huh: I thought that was a piece of music by Carl Orff otherwise known as "the Old Spice music"? So I looked it up and realise it's a very funny type of hat. I reckon you'd look a right fruit cake in that!

If you don't wish to stand out from the crowd then wear leopardskin (or some other animal print) and leggings, loadsa makeup, dripping with jewellery and practice scowling hard at any male that comes within range. Let them feel the heat of your venom - all those wasted years rolled up into one hateful cynical scowl. Actually, I do exaggerate a little. :) Some of the ladies that go in there do smile occasionally.

It's just as well I only go in there for a beer eh?

You're right about the pink carnations though - I will have to re-think my approach. The Indonesian flower, "Titan Arum", may be more appropriate.

The 'Titan Arum' would certainly..... stand out.....!! You with that and me in my hat we'd make a very striking pair I'd say!

I'm liking the sound of the outfit - can I wear white leggings and sport them with some high heeled court shoes?? I find they go well with my leopardskin tops.

The 'Titan Arum' would certainly..... stand out.....!! You with that and me in my hat we'd make a very striking pair I'd say!

I'm liking the sound of the outfit - can I wear white leggings and sport them with some high heeled court shoes?? I find they go well with my leopardskin tops.

White leggings are good, but don't wear black knickers with them - it's a sign of bad breeding y'see and you'll be easily spotted in Dore wearing things like that.

The court shoes might show a little too much of your pinkies - again, it's best to err on the side of modesty I find. There are still blokes around here that swoon at the sight of a ladies ankle.

I've a feeling I will recognise you instantly whatever you wear.:suspect:

I was thinking a red thong... sounds like granny pants may be better and I'll ensure not a piece of flesh is on show! Although I could do with meeting a Sugar Daddy so maybe the ankles out is a good plan??

Hmmmmmm do I know you DerbyTup????

An evening of clairvoyance with local medium Lisa at the hearty Oak Dronfield woodhouse on Thursday 19th Jan 2012 from 7pm, 22 Northern Common dronfield woodhouse, this is a fun and interesting evening with loads of opportunity to meet new friends , £10 per person includes buffet

Tel 0114 2891322 to book or turn up on the night

Archived