2 broadband providers in one house?

Is this possible?

At the moment we are with AOL (who are absolutely useless!!) our router has shut off 8 times today and still counting its just getting to be a joke.

I've been wanting to switch to virgin for a while but my stubborn dad won't budge, god knows why cus you can't get much worse that what we have got at the moment :-@.

So my question is can I install a new seperate phone line? And have my own virgin broadband Internet while he keeps his crappy aol aswell? Is this possible

You can install a separate phone line with any of the providers, or you can go with Virgin broadband and they will just install you a cable and a cable modem, so you can have Virgin broadband even if your house has no phone at all :) You could even get mobile broadband and just use a dongle in the back of your computer.

There, does the thought of that make you just a little bit happier?

Ahh good good that's nice to hear :-D just about ready to smash the damn thing up lol!!

Unfortunately we can't have cable as we ate not in an area which provides cable. So the only option is to go through the phone line

Do you know approx costs to set up a new phone line?

It would be so much easier if he would just change providers, hes written a formal complaint about the crappy service they provide us so they have wavered the cancellation fee if he wishes to switch and he still won't!!! Ahhhhhh

Ahh good good that's nice to hear :-D just about ready to smash the damn thing up lol!!

Unfortunately we can't have cable as we ate not in an area which provides cable. So the only option is to go through the phone line

It would be so much easier if he would just change providers, hes written a formal complaint about the crappy service they provide us so they have wavered the cancellation fee if he wishes to switch and he still won't!!! Ahhhhhh

I think it would probably work out cheaper for you if you just offered to pay like, the broadband bill for a while, or half of it.

Maybe that would sway his decision.

it would be easier to get the dongle and probably a lot cheaper.

Archived