Pubs charging for admittance on NYE

who do these pub landlords think they are charging an admittance fee on New years eve, greed thats all it is, as if they don't skank us enough with the price for the ale they sell, i would like to know where the entry fee is going and if any of these landlords are donating the fee to a local charity.

I would object on principle to paying to go into a pub on NYE that I could go into for free every other day of the year, and I'd tell the landlord that too.

It's only by knowing quite how many people find it unacceptable (and that this is turning away otherwise well-paying customers) that things will change.

It's only by knowing quite how many people find it unacceptable (and that this is turning away otherwise well-paying customers) that things will change.

My guess is that no matter how many people find it unacceptable, his pub will still be full to bursting and he'll still be unable to cope with demand.

I would object on principle to paying to go into a pub on NYE that I could go into for free every other day of the year, and I'd tell the landlord that too.

My guess is that no matter how many people find it unacceptable, his pub will still be full to bursting and he'll still be unable to cope with demand.

Tut!!:nono:

Such sexism:(

One of our local pubs is charging £10 per adult and £5 per child for the very first time. I shall not be attending. Children should not be allowed in pubs new years eve anyhow!

The landlord simply thinks that he has found a niche in the market. The niche is the exploitation of children.

I am sure that he also thinks that it will keep the nasties away.

Archived