Thatcher film in New Year

trans

The film has just been released here but I havn't seen it yet. Apparently it's not that flattering at the beginning as it starts with Thatcher in her declining years showing signs of senility and dementia then continues on with flashbacks over her life and career.

I'm off today to see The War Horse and later on Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy both of which have received very good reviews.

Among many other companies that were persuaded to invest in Britain, after Thatcher had turned around our disastrous policies of the three or four decades previous. But thanks for backing me up with some specific examples.

So it had nothing to do with Britain having some of the weakest employment rights in Europe……… they chose here over Germany and France out of the goodness of their hearts. :hihi:

So it had nothing to do with Britain having some of the weakest employment rights in Europe……… they chose here over Germany and France out of the goodness of their hearts. :hihi:

So I take it that you would have prefered it if none of the Japanese companies had been persuaded to come here and for Derek Robinson to continue to dictate the rate of production of Austin Allegros selling for 1/3 of what they cost to make.

Did I say that ……….. I thought not. :D

So you are happy then that Thatcher created an environment where such companies were prepared to invest here? I thought you would be because the 10s of thousands who went to work at Honda, Toyota and Nissan certainly were.

Archived