Thatcher film in New Year

trans

So you are happy then that Thatcher created an environment where such companies were prepared to invest here? I thought you would be because the 10s of thousands who went to work at Honda, Toyota and Nissan certainly were.

I bet all those miners and steelworkers were really happy for them as well ……. Lets have a party for all those happy car workers :partyhat:

I bet all those miners and steelworkers were really happy for them as well ……. Lets have a party for all those happy car workers :partyhat:

I suppose that was the problem. The motor industry wouldn't have survived under Derek Robinson's agenda. The coal industry couldn't compete under Scargill's agenda, and the steel industry wouldn't have competed on a world market under Bill Sirs agenda.

But as most of them wouldn't have been working because some union had decided we weren't having electricity that day and the dock workers had decided that your vital imports weren't going to be unloaded it probably didn't matter anyhow.

I may talk a load of rubbish but at least it’s my rubbish.

True.

I will not be seeing the film,I lived through the real event.Everybody was blaming Thatcher whilst the unions were laughing their Trotski heads off.You cannot sell coal and steel when production costs are higher than other countries,the country cannot keep paying high wages to stockpile these, you don't keep filling shops when the stock doesn't sell and you certainly don't buy goods which are higher priced than others,the miners and steelworkers were brainwashed by these union criminals,its they who were the downfall of these industries Mrs Thatcher was correcting what should have been done years ago but the previous governments had no backbone for it.

I will not be seeing the film,I lived through the real event.Everybody was blaming Thatcher whilst the unions were laughing their Trotski heads off.You cannot sell coal and steel when production costs are higher than other countries,the country cannot keep paying high wages to stockpile these, you don't keep filling shops when the stock doesn't sell and you certainly don't buy goods which are higher priced than others,the miners and steelworkers were brainwashed by these union criminals,its they who were the downfall of these industries Mrs Thatcher was correcting what should have been done years ago but the previous governments had no backbone for it.

poor old maggie still getting the blame...i worked in the steel industry during that period...12 hour nights....but 3 hours work...then off to barrack for a pint, chips then your head down.....happy days

poor old maggie still getting the blame...i worked in the steel industry during that period...12 hour nights....but 3 hours work...then off to barrack for a pint, chips then your head down.....happy days

Ah those were the days. A michine needed adjusting and you sat around half a day waiting for a fitter to turn up. He took one look and called for an electrician to turn off the switch before he could do anything. A few hours later the fitter would do his bit and then you waited for the electrician to turn the power back on. As you said 2/3 hours work in a day.

Saturdays were best. Folk clocked on and went to the pub. I think British Leyland had beds on the night shift.

Ah those were the days. A michine needed adjusting and you sat around half a day waiting for a fitter to turn up. He took one look and called for an electrician to turn off the switch before he could do anything. A few hours later the fitter would do his bit and then you waited for the electrician to turn the power back on. As you said 2/3 hours work in a day.

Saturdays were best. Folk clocked on and went to the pub. I think British Leyland had beds on the night shift.

Yep and I lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the street …….. cant beat a good old yarn can you.

I was told the same stories but in 30+ years I never experienced them ……… strange that. :suspect:

Yep and I lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the street …….. cant beat a good old yarn can you.

I was told the same stories but in 30+ years I never experienced them ……… strange that. :suspect:

didn't work at doncasters then....demarcation...one man one job.....loved it...busy on days...steady on afters....but those 12 hour nights....and the time spent in barrack....bring them back t'morrow...i'll have a bit of that....

Archived