Thatcher film in New Year

trans

No it wasn't just Donnys a guy next door to me worked at Stocksbridge just greasing the in door train and I found his wage slip on my drive I didn't sleep for a month after I had seen what he got paid for a nowt job.Another friend of mine worked there as a crane driver and on nights at weekend he went in his suit clocked on and went to the pub if they wanted stuff moving they would come and fetch him he said it was the best job he had ever had and the money was incredible and that is just two examples.Unions are intent on destroying our way of life,little bully boys with big ambitions and bigger fools supporting them.

Instead of talking ballcocks why not talk to someone that worked there …………. Like me. :hihi:

How many hours did you friend work 60 or 70 a week, as for the crane drivers, once they were up there they didn’t come down, they even took a plastic bottle up with them. :hihi:

Instead of talking ballcocks why not talk to someone that worked there …………. Like me. :hihi:

So how do you explain why it took 11.85 man hours to produce a tonne of steel at Port Talbot in 1979 and only 2.85 hours to produce that tonne of steel in the same plant by 1996?

So how do you explain why it took 11.85 man hours to produce a tonne of steel at Port Talbot in 1979 and only 2.85 hours to produce that tonne of steel in the same plant by 1996?

Its your link I will let you work it out, a few pointers for you.

Large scale investment

Changes in technology

SPC

Better quality control

Automated process

That should be enough to get you started.

Ps

Believe it or not there are different types of steel, ask the lads at Stocksbride why they keep trying to close them down but then keep reopening them ,,,,,,,, because the lads at Rotherham can`t make the same products

When you see stats that quote “liquid tonnes” of steel it means zilch.

How many hours did you friend work 60 or 70 a week, as for the crane drivers, once they were up there they didn’t come down, they even took a plastic bottle up with them. :hihi:

Don't start a war,my friend worked a crane with a handset he didn't have to climb up.and don't speak to me as though I am an idiot,I have read a lot of your comments on the forum and you make out that you are the font of all knowledge,seems to me that you are a bitter man who had a cushey job taken away from him and could not come to terms with it.Unfortunatley I can't ask my friend the hours he was there as he died ten years ago but rest assured it wasn't from overwork.I bet you know the inside of the Coach and Horses very well.

Its your link I will let you work it out, a few pointers for you.

That should be enough to get you started.

Well as the productivity of the whole of British Steel increased from 12 man/hours per tonne in 1979 to 3.7 man hours per tonnein 1996 that's pretty impressive. A whole industry has a productivity boost of 225% during the course of a Tory government that folks on this forum claim destroyed the steel industy. When like you say they were actually making..

Large scale investment

Changes in technology

SPC

Better quality control

Automated process

I hope you are as useful to the film makers.:D:D

Don't start a war,my friend worked a crane with a handset he didn't have to climb up.and don't speak to me as though I am an idiot,.

I think you will find the idea is to reply to a post not the person, if you have been reading my posts you will have read my sig ……. I have been there I have done it … its my rubbish .

Have a happy New Year.

PS

As for being bitter you couldn’t be further from the truth.

I now work 4 days on … 3 days off as apposed to working every conceivable shift pattern under the sun 7 days a week……… 12hr nights, yep I really miss them. :hihi:

Well as the productivity of the whole of British Steel increased from 12 man/hours per tonne in 1979 to 3.7 man hours per tonnein 1996 that's pretty impressive. A whole industry has a productivity boost of 225% during the course of a Tory government that folks on this forum claim destroyed the steel industy. When like you say they were actually making..

Large scale investment

Changes in technology

SPC

Better quality control

Automated process

I hope you are as useful to the film makers.:D:D

As I said its your link ………. Its all in their if you read it.

As I said its your link ………. Its all in their if you read it.

I have read it thanks. I was just interested in your opinion of how 3700 people in 1996 could produce as much steel as 12000 had been able to produce in 1979.

It looks like those years transformed the UK steel industry from a basket case to a world class producer. In a similar vein during the same period our motor industry was transformed from a joke industry that was constantly on strike and crippled by demarcation to one where the Japanese were prepared to invest £billions in building their european factories here.

So we both know where we stand … and as interesting as your stats are ( :hihi: ) I think we have taken the topic well off course ………. The Mods could be closing it or bringing it back into line any time soon.

That's very odd I would have thought discussing how Thatcher modernised the industries in this country from being inefficient basket cases to becoming world class producers was quite relevant to a thread regarding a film about Thatcher.

What is it that you think we should discuss?

Archived