Thatcher film in New Year

trans

Do you think everyone in South Yorkshire should boycott the Thatcher film being shown in the the New Year to make the Conservaties and the film makers that there is still bitterness here to what she did at the time.

i just wondered if everyone had boycotted the film.

has anyone seen it yet?

I don't get why people would boycott the fillum because they are anti-Thatcher. By all accounts it's not pro-Thatcher and filmed from a left wing perspective.The Thatcher family themselves are boycotting it and refused to have anything to do with it.

Boycotting "The Iron Lady" because you don't like Thatcher would be like boycotting "Downfall" because you don't like Hitler.

Well I'm going on Saturday - I'm fascinated to be honest. I may not agree with everything that she did but as a woman I have to be immensely respectful of the position she got to.

Will let you know what I thought AFTER I've seen it!! Bit tricky to judge it on what I think may be like or what I think they may cover!

Well I'm going on Saturday - I'm fascinated to be honest. I may not agree with everything that she did but as a woman I have to be immensely respectful of the position she got to.

Will let you know what I thought AFTER I've seen it!! Bit tricky to judge it on what I think may be like or what I think they may cover!

So you respect tyrants?

I think the film will upset a lot of left wingers as it will probably portray events as they happened and not the twisted view of history that some like to portray on here.

The film is made from a left wing perspective I heard.

Archived