HMRC charge for not filling in a tax return even if you owe nothing

heard old moira stuart today on the radio talking about the deadline is approaching for completing your self assesment form/on line........and she went on to say.....you will be charged a £100 penalty even if you owe NOTHING but fail to fill it in .

for gods sake, how much more of this will the uk stand for , a penalty for owing nothing, id luv to see how the euro countries would re act to such a statement,, worlds gone mad,,,,,,correction the uk has gone mad ,,,,bring back alastair darling

heard old moira stuart today on the radio talking about the deadline is approaching for completing your self assesment form/on line........and she went on to say.....you will be charged a £100 penalty even if you owe NOTHING but fail to fill it in .

for gods sake, how much more of this will the uk stand for , a penalty for owing nothing, id luv to see how the euro countries would re act to such a statement,, worlds gone mad,,,,,,correction the uk has gone mad ,,,,bring back alastair darling

I’ve been self employed for over 20 years and there as always been a penalty for not filling in your tax return on time.

Lets face it, the Government have to collect money somehow, and since they have sold most British companies, or the British companies have sold out, the only way they can get revenue is by taxing us, fining us and penalising us any way they can.

Someone stole my daughters car, burnt it out, so the police recovered it to Woodheads, and it cost me £300 for them to recover it, and keep it. I ended up with nothing, as I had just taken the insurance off it, ready to sell it.

Wake up, it's always been like that!

Archived