Thurs nights starting end month £15 all in

scottwoodbur

Licensing would not allow you to do this.

It would be deemed to be an irresponsible drinks promotion.

No ifs, buts or grey areas, these sorts of events are no longer allowed, the ultimate sanction being revocation of license.

No , what im describing is clever business sense, knowing full well that nights like this will bring rich financial rewards.

To me morals dont come into it where business is concerned. And its the responsibility of the drinker to control their intake of alcohol ,afterall pubs and nightclubs dont force feed alcohol to customers do they .

Thats right -there should be no morals in business.If a shrewd entrepreneur can lie and cheat within the law it is to be applauded,even encouraged.

There used to be a loophole, you don't need to be licensed if you're giving alcohol away rather than selling it. Some places used to do it sometimes, charge a high entry fee & have free booze, but I'm not sure you'd still be able to get away with running a regular weekly event like that.

The link is a code for alcohol retailers, it could be argued that somewhere giving away free alcohol isn't a retailer. It they can still get away with running unlicensed events then that code might not apply.

We had an 'all inclusive' night at Bramall Lane on NYE. £50 all in.

I guess they get around this by including food in the offering? Either way, was a great night, good to know what we were spending before we left the house and only had to get taxi home at end of night so no extra costs.

I guess they get around this by including food in the offering? Either way, was a great night, good to know what we were spending before we left the house and only had to get taxi home at end of night so no extra costs.

£50 is half a pension-seems a lot to pay for food and drink in a middle market venue.I suppose £25 each buys a good deal of food and drink.

If you mean the football ground when you say bramall lane, that is not a pub but a series of private hire suites .

I used to work at one, it attracts the scum who descend on the place as soon as it opens and then proceed to drink until they drop or fight. Even with the tightest security it is just a haven for the dregs.

If you came to my venue to promote a night like that i'd turn it away. Nothing but hassle from customers, licensing and probably the police as well.

Archived