What car would you buy if you had £10,000 to spend?

Wow... some really good ideas!!!! all that fun for £10000.... reading some of the posts... likes kids in a sweet shop...... fantastic.

I always liked the Cosworth, and I remember, when I was little, there was a film / drama type thing on TV, it was about joy riders or something.

Anyway, from what I can remember, they all met in a underground carpark thing, and there was a girl who was checking all the cars that had arived for the race (or whatever they where doing, I cant remember).... And one of the car was a Saphire Cosworth... I have never forgot how she said it, in a really strong irish accent.... "black Sierra Cosworth".

Thats the story behind the car I want anyway.

Have a happy new year, one and all.

Well my friend had a proper mini which she bought from M1 auctions for £100 and had it about 8 years and it went through every test until she sold it

Prices have shot throught the roof in recent times with them becoming more rare. A decent model can set you back between £2500-5000 depending on the year and spec.

There was a practically factory fresh '98 Cooper for sale near me not long back and it managed to fetch £7000.

Most likely I'd chase a Lancia Montecarlo since I've discovered that I can fit in one. The rest would be spent restoring and modifying.

Failing that, probably another Alpine A610 Turbo or an A310. Or I'd buy the cheapest rattiest De Tomaso Pantera I could find and spend a fortune building it to the right spec.

Archived