What car would you buy if you had £10,000 to spend?

always buy a brand new! no headache!!! always a lover of toyota!

I wish that were true :) My mum has always had new cars, mine is 18 years old....guess who's had the most problems.

I wish that were true :) My mum has always had new cars, mine is 18 years old....guess who's had the most problems.

Same! My cousin got a brand new Fiesta in 2009 and since then it's been in the garage 3 times for 3 major faults (electric/engine)

I have a 12 year old FIAT and surprisingly, the only time it sees a garage is when it has the MOT...she was very smug when she got it, but I definitely rub it in now :D

And just watch 20-25% of its value disappear as soon as you drive off the forecourt.

1 year old is best, everything's had time to settle in and your under warranty.

Having spent 10 years in the motor trade i'd just like to say thank you. You're the kind of customer main dealers love.

NEVER buy new, too much depreciation. New cars aren't immune to faults; lots of service recalls.

Back on topic, £10K, I think I'd have to buy a couple of cars. A Bentley Turbo R and a Land Rover CSW.

I bought a 5+ years old BMW X3 2.0 diesel last September for just under £10K. It is immaculate, FSH, one owner, almost new Pirelli's all round, leather heated seats, parking sensors etc. I have used it in deep snow, it was great, I have no ambition to go off road. I've done just over 4000 miles in it and haven't (touch wood) had any problems with it so far. The boot is huge and much appreciated by our two dogs, I will never go for a saloon again, the driving position is far superior, I feel a lot safer. :thumbsup:

Archived