Some people should not be allowed children

i think you have missed the point by that much that it does not bear any resemblance to my answer

How has he? You quite clearly suggested that you think couples should be charged for having more than one child. Such a move would push poor families and children into further poverty.

What's the point that's been missed?

How has he? You quite clearly suggested that you think couples should be charged for having more than one child. Such a move would push poor families and children into further poverty.

im not sure, what do you think?

go and troll some where else, and dont forget to take the pills you have been prescribed

Yes, but I live in the area and as that poster said in their first reply in this area this is a fairly new problem as private lets didn't used to go to social security tenants but they appear to be doing so a lot more frequently now so we are seeing a rise in the problems that go with that.

The people in my road don't cause any problems but I do know that there are some other families who are social security tenants who've moved in relatively recently in the area who ARE causing problems in places where they didn't really exist before.

Of course you get some problem families everywhere that give area bad name but don't assume it's the norm and that all council estates are full of people who are on benefit. The majority of people where I work live in council housing and there's over a thousnd working there. Multiply that by other companies and you'll see that the majority are hard working citizens

i think you have missed the point by that much that it does not bear any resemblance to my answer

No, I think I understood the point perfectly and then explained the consequences of what you were suggesting.

You might intend for it to make people think twice about having children, a worthy aim, but the actual result is to punish children who had no choice about being born by reducing the family income that has to support them.

That would be the fault of the middle-classes who don't live on council estates and who illegally pay wages in cash to domestics.

Actually you're completely wrong. It's totallly legal for them to do that, it's just illegal for their employees not to declare the income for tax and benefit purposes. The employees are the ones committing the crime, not the employer. They're not officially even an employer, they're paying for a service and the employee is operating in a self employed capacity.

• 2 months later...
What do you expect? There's crack of the ass crackers who are allowed to rent there who have no place being in that neighbourhood. It's a reasonable place for reasonable folk - It's because benefits reliant scrotes get to rent in an area which decent people should live in.

They should leave their council ways on their estates, and by that I mean, Stay on their estates and if they have to move out then adopt the norms of reasonable society.

sounds to me as though you tar everyone who lives in a council house with the same brush. people are different wherever you go whether these people were council tenants or home owners or whatever is besides the point. Their parenting skills were appalling i agree. However to say that certain people have no right to live in certain areas and should go back to their council estates to live their council estate ways is so insulting. I hope you never have to face the hardship of being unemployed. And to think people were so kind to you when you were enquiring about free fruit to forage and you got lots of help. I ts a pity you arent as kind as others. Think on.

That's horrifying!! That poor little girl :o To me that's nothing short of neglect and I would have wanted to call the police but I guess this guy (her "parent") would have legged it with his child before they got there and there's nothing you can do. My children are 26 months and 12 months and with my eldest I now have to be so vigilant about not leaving keys in doors or leaving the chain on because he has opened the door before. When we go out they're both in the pram or he's on reins/holding my hand and she's in the pram. It's called responsible parenting; ensuring and maintaining your child's safety, which once you become a parent is your most important task every single day! This was obviously something this silly man lacked and I don't think this is behaviour is necessarily restricted to "council estate types" :rolleyes: because I know a few middle class people that aren't half as vigilant with their children as they should be.

Also, in some respects I do agree with intervening with people having large families that they are unable to take care of but accidents do happen I'm afraid. I'm currently pregnant with our third and it really was a genuine accident, although we planned three children we didn't want them so close together. You can't punish people for accidentally getting pregnant; especially as in some cases it will inevitably end up being the child that is affected. Plus, personally I would be tearing strips off anyone pointing their finger at me and blaming me for the decline in society because I accidentally had one more child than the class above me would like. And that's what this thread seems to have deviated to - defining the classes when really it was about the horrendous and dangerous neglect of a baby, which can happen in any background.

Archived