Wedding hair advice

Hello

I am getting married on May 6th this year, and I am currently panicing about what to do with my hair.

Due to the style of my dress I want my hair loosely curled, however due to my hair being shoulder length and extremely thick, it doesn't last very long.

A few of my friends have suggested having my hair set (curlers) as it lasts longer than using curling wands.

Is there any other advice anyone could give me, or tell me if the setting option is a good idea please.

Thank you.

I remember when I was little and my Mum used to use curling tongues on my hair...it never lasted more than a few hours. However, I now own a set of GHD straighteners and I curl my hair with these and it lasts until I wash it (unfortunately my hair needs washing everyday, but still!). Give it a go and see what you think.

I had mine done in really neat curls for my wedding and it was done with a good old fashioned shampoo and set, so can I suggest that you find somewhere that does this and ask them to do a test set which is followed by taking the rollers out and styling then some really strong hair spray, and see how long it lasts?

My hair isn't really thick so I wouldn't want to say that it would definitely last, but overall it took a lot less time than using curling tongs would have done, and whilst it was drying I ate my breakfast, had my nails done and the like, and when I had the test done I deliberately didn't wash my hair to see how long it lasted, but I gave up after 4 days when my scalp got really itchy.

I own GHDs myslef, and amazingly, it only lasts a total of 3-4 hours (my hair is crazily thick). I agree, a shampoo and set may be the best way to go about it, hair needs a trim anyway, so will make an appointment to have them done at same time.

I have my hair straightened daily, which is another reason I want a curly style for the big day.

On the day before my wedding day a little Chinese woman in the hotel set to work with curlers, rollers and tongs and used a huge amount of hairspray. It turned into loose curls and I think my hair was longer then than yours is now and it's also really thick. It sat nicely on my shoulders, and was pinned up in places with pins. I slept on it as we had a sunrise wedding on the beach and it stayed put and didn't move all day.

I agree with everyone above Helen, have a chat with your usual hairdresser, don't attempt it yourself on the day.

Buffy x

Archived