High mileage on cars that are not old.

It used to be because more than half the new cars sold were sold to companies.

These days it might even be higher, reps/sales cars etc.

On top of that, the people who buy new cars and don't run up huge mileages are probably happy to keep them for a few more years; whereas companies will always be selling on the heavy-mileage cars after two or three years. That skews the availability even more.

On top of that, the people who buy new cars and don't run up huge mileages are probably happy to keep them for a few more years; whereas companies will always be selling on the heavy-mileage cars after two or three years. That skews the availability even more.

Agreed, if the OP can widen search to 4/5 years he/she might have more luck. Our 5 year old car has just 25k on it, and we recently sold a P reg golf with only 27k on it!

High mileage cars aren't a problem these days, I bought a 2 and half year old 1.8 Mondeo LX for 4K. It had 90K on the clock but that meant it had been serviced every 3-4 months. It came with full service history and every reciept for tyres etc. I kept it for 8 years by which time the mileage was almost average, I only sold it because I had to have a lower insurance group for my teenage daughter to learn to drive

Archived