Are the police the best 'institution' to offer advice on theft prevention?

Why is this story so "astonishing". Its a police station not the M15 Hq.

Its just an office building just like any other office building. People come and go all the time. Some smaller ones are closed up completely overnight. Some "police stations" are just purely offices or storage and are not publicly accessible.

They will have a certain amount of CCTV, staff patrol, secruity features but its still just an office building. The items listed in the report were hardly high value. Im sure many of the items were later recovered.

If royal palaces and prisons can be penetrated im damn sure its possible someone can steal a coat or a mini fridge from a police office.

Seems like a non story to me. Slow news week as I note it was a information request generated the media themselves. Obviously they were looking to create a situation.

Why is this story so "astonishing". Its a police station not the M15 Hq.

Its just an office building just like any other office building. People come and go all the time. Some smaller ones are closed up completely overnight. Some "police stations" are just purely offices or storage and are not publicly accessible.

They will have a certain amount of CCTV, staff patrol, secruity features but its still just an office building. The items listed in the report were hardly high value. Im sure many of the items were later recovered.

If royal palaces and prisons can be penetrated im damn sure its possible someone can steal a coat or a mini fridge from a police office.

Seems like a non story to me. Slow news week as I note it was a information request generated the media themselves. Obviously they were looking to create a situation.

Wish I was a quid behind you Pal... if you think a 10k patrol car & a 30k private car are small change & 'not high value items'!!!!!!!!

These vehicles may then be have to be listed as stolen / recovered depending on damage should they have recovered them.....all leading to less value when they sell them on! Who do you think 'foots' this devaluing of public assets......give you a clue......TAX PAYERS!

Wish I was a quid behind you Pal... if you think a 10k patrol car & a 30k private car are small change & 'not high value items'!!!!!!!!

These vehicles may then be have to be listed as stolen / recovered depending on damage should they have recovered them.....all leading to less value when they sell them on! Who do you think 'foots' this devaluing of public assets......give you a clue......TAX PAYERS!

The cars are exceptional. It's mostly much lower value items.

Really can't understand why you're getting your knickers in such a twist about this. It's unfortunate, but hardly surprising.

The cars are exceptional. It's mostly much lower value items.

Really can't understand why you're getting your knickers in such a twist about this. It's unfortunate, but hardly surprising.

It's what the report doesn't say.....WHO stole them? I.e were they stolen internally or from outsider gaining access to supposedly secure police stations?

It's what the report doesn't say.....WHO stole them? I.e were they stolen internally or from outsider gaining access to supposedly secure police stations?

I would imagine most of the stuff was stolen by people who work there i.e. police or civilians working for the police and some of it stolen by outsiders.

I would imagine most of the stuff was stolen by people who work there i.e. police or civilians working for the police and some of it stolen by outsiders.

But you haven't really got a clue, but at least your covering all the bases eh...

The media do tend to make FOI requests just to see what non-story they can make out of things like this. Wonder how much taxpayers' money is wasted answering them?

Archived