Church on Springvale road Crookes

lauz2901

Hi can any one help im looking for pictures and infomation on the church that stood on springvale road i attanded every sunday, sunday school was run by a little old lady called miss Willson soon after she left to go and live down south the church closed. From memory it was a delapidated building but would have been a beautiful grand building. if i remember rightly it had an upper gallery that ran around the whole of the church. i can remember that i was in a picture that featered in the sheffield star cant remember what it was for. Any infomation would be appreciated

Hi can any one help im looking for pictures and infomation on the church that stood on springvale road i attanded every sunday, sunday school was run by a little old lady called miss Willson soon after she left to go and live down south the church closed. From memory it was a delapidated building but would have been a beautiful grand building. if i remember rightly it had an upper gallery that ran around the whole of the church. i can remember that i was in a picture that featered in the sheffield star cant remember what it was for. Any infomation would be appreciated

There is a former church which is now a huge architects practice,on the junction with Western or Cobden V Roads

Hi lauz. I worked on the refit for an old sheffield firm ardens it was for a architect partnership no names don`t know the rules on here. but I can tell you it was as you said delapidated state .they kepted the upper gallery made a nice flat floor area for work stations.At alter end a big stairway down to The ground area which was also leveled out. All open areas. Reused the old alter in roughly the same position, As reading and library area. It was quite a big project think its the same partnership who are still there.They also refited all the back areas which looked like school rooms so supposing this was where you were for sunday school. well thats how we left it.It may have changed it was late 80s think. Would have to check that, but it looked impressive when we left. Sorry no pics its one thing I try to do now before and after.

Just one more thing there was a small grassed area at bottom of church, with some trees in and a top stone with a eulogy to 7 men who used the church but died in 1st world war and planted 7 trees to there honour. Just maid me wonder. Can anybody shed any light on who these poor souls were.

Archived