What would you have done?

What should the squad leader have done?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the squad leader have done?

• Send a soldier in to remove the dog.
    • Wait for the dog to move.
    • Leave the IED and the dog alone for someone else to detonate.
    • Shoot dog before he blows up.
    • Other. (Please explain below)

If humans didn't have a killer instinct to cause harm on other humans, then we'd either all be here, or be facing a population explosion that the earths resources couldn't cope with.

If the majority of humans on both sides refused to kill one another, then the politians and ruling elite would have no one to do their dirty work.

No we wouldn't, we would have been killed and eaten before we involved into what we are today.

If all the plankton died you would suffer, if by killing you we saved the plankton that would prevent your suffering and save the more valuable species.

Way to try and move the goalposts, we were discussing individuals before. The context of this thread is whether or not some soldiers should have put some effort into saving the life of a dog, not saving the entire species from extinction.

Way to try and move the goalposts, we were discussing individuals before. The context of this thread is whether or not some soldiers should have put some effort into saving the life of a dog, not saving the entire species from extinction.

The goal posts haven't moved my opinion is still that human life isn't more important than other life and I have demonstrated why.

So if the dogs are less important to you then you must think humans have no value because the dogs save human life and Raoul Moat took human life.

Nowhere close to logical. Try again when you've thought it through.

(Hint - try telling me what you think, rather than what you think I think. You invariably get it wrong when you do that.)

Nowhere close to logical. Try again when you've thought it through.

(Hint - try telling me what you think, rather than what you think I think. You invariably get it wrong when you do that.)

You've already said what you think that there is never a situation when a dog as more value than a human.

The goal posts haven't moved
No they haven't, you have, and still are attempting to move them though.

Originally we were discussing individuals, you are now trying to change it to being discussions of entire species, because your original position was completely untenable.

No they haven't, you have, and still are attempting to move them though.

Originally we were discussing individuals, you are now trying to change it to being discussions of whole species, because your original position was completely untenable.

To me one single celled plankton as more value than you, I have given my reasons and my position hasn’t changed. Human life is no more important than other life.

Archived