What would you have done?

What should the squad leader have done?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the squad leader have done?

• Send a soldier in to remove the dog.
    • Wait for the dog to move.
    • Leave the IED and the dog alone for someone else to detonate.
    • Shoot dog before he blows up.
    • Other. (Please explain below)

If I can just take you back to the original video?

There is only supposition regardless of what is being claimed.

If you look at what is happening I would suggest that the following is most likely.

An IED (Explosive Device) has been identified or suspected.

The standard procedure is to neutralise it with a controlled explosion.

It appears that this has been done and is being controlled by soldiers in the armoured vehicle that we can see (a soldier gets out of the back at the end of the clip).

There is every possibility that those controlling the explosion do not see the dog.

Those filming and that we can hear laughing are probably only observing what is going on and have no influence on what is happening.

To me one single celled plankton as more value than you, I have given my reasons and my position hasn’t changed. Human life is no more important than other life.

It is, you just have a twisted set of values or a lack of humanity or something.

It is, you just have a twisted set of values or a lack of humanity or something.

At least I know why I believe what I believe. you on the other hand can't say why you think human life as a greater value than other life.

If you look at what is happening I would suggest that the following is most likely.

It appears that this has been done and is being controlled by soldiers in the armoured vehicle that we can see (a soldier gets out of the back at the end of the clip).

There is every possibility that those controlling the explosion do not see the dog.

Those filming and that we can hear laughing are probably only observing what is going on and have no influence on what is happening.

Don't let common sense get in the way of Halibut...

'Bashing the West' - or as I prefer to think of it 'Sometimes being critical of the West' is an entirely legitimate thing to do.

I agree and I couldn't understand what was said by the person laughing, it sounded foreign.

To me one single celled plankton as more value than you, I have given my reasons and my position hasn’t changed. Human life is no more important than other life.

Be careful, you'll damage your ears by sticking your fingers right in there like that.

Don't let common sense get in the way of Halibut...

Assuming cgksheff's view of the situation is accurate (and it's about as sensible as any other interpretation I've heard) - what's the relevance of the quote from myself? It doesn't contradict anything that's been said relative to the video.

Archived