What would you have done?

What should the squad leader have done?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the squad leader have done?

• Send a soldier in to remove the dog.
    • Wait for the dog to move.
    • Leave the IED and the dog alone for someone else to detonate.
    • Shoot dog before he blows up.
    • Other. (Please explain below)

...blow up a dog and laugh or flush down the Kuran in the toilets or humiliate Iraqi soldiers and film it...

It's telling that you list damaging an inanimate object in the same list as murder and torture as if they are in any way equivalent. Only a religious person! :rolleyes:

:huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I knew a woman few years back that said if she had to make a decision while driving either to avoid hitting a child or an animal she would hit the child, do you agree with that MrSmith ?

Of course not. He was a human being, someone's son. They're just dogs.

Actually that`s what i was going to say.You would prefer guide dogs and sniffer dogs and mountain rescue dogs to die(who save human lives not take them but nevertheless happen to be dogs) over people like Ian Huntley(who kills little innocent girls) just because he happened to be human.

I must be stupid because i personally think many dogs are more worthy of life that some of the scum on this planet.

I imagine that soldiers who work to remove IED's alongside their working dogs would have a lot to say about the barbarity of another group of soldiers who not only stand by and allow yet another completely innocent life to be taken meaninglessly but actually find it entertaining to watch.

Personally I would have waited until the dog was safely out of the way. I can't see any reason from the article that waiting would have caused any problems for the soldiers whatsoever. It would have been the moral and civilised thing to do.

I guess 10 years of war is creating a lot of barbarous people, people who have little value for life of any kind because they've made it entertaining to kill and maim innocents as a means of staving off their fears for their own survival.

I feel sorry for these soldiers as they obviously need help. I wouldn't want one of these people returning to live in my neighbourhood without proper psychiatric help. I also feel sorry for anybody who lacks compassion when a life is taken, whether it be a guilty or innocent life. Life, in whatever form, is precious to who or whatever it belongs to, a life taken prematurely can never be brought back no matter how guilty and remorseful these soldiers will one day feel (because it's very unlikely they're all psychopaths) when they look back at this from more civilised surroundings.

I imagine that soldiers who work to remove IED's alongside their working dogs would have a lot to say about the barbarity of another group of soldiers who not only stand by and allow yet another completely innocent life to be taken meaninglessly but actually find it entertaining to watch.

Personally I would have waited until the dog was safely out of the way. I can't see any reason from the article that waiting would have caused any problems for the soldiers whatsoever. It would have been the moral and civilised thing to do.

I guess 10 years of war is creating a lot of barbarous people, people who have little value for life of any kind because they've made it entertaining to kill and maim innocents as a means of staving off their fears for their own survival.

I feel sorry for these soldiers as they obviously need help. I wouldn't want one of these people returning to live in my neighbourhood without proper psychiatric help. I also feel sorry for anybody who lacks compassion when a life is taken, whether it be a guilty or innocent life. Life, in whatever form, is precious to who or whatever it belongs to, a life taken prematurely can never be brought back no matter how guilty and remorseful these soldiers will one day feel (because it's very unlikely they're all psychopaths) when they look back at this from more civilised surroundings.

It's not the soldiers laughing... it's probably the people who planted the IED (not that that is confirmed!)

It looked to me like the dog walked onto the devise which then detonated, these things are designed to explode when someone or thing stands on them.

Archived