What would you have done?

What should the squad leader have done?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the squad leader have done?

• Send a soldier in to remove the dog.
    • Wait for the dog to move.
    • Leave the IED and the dog alone for someone else to detonate.
    • Shoot dog before he blows up.
    • Other. (Please explain below)

That's a 'no' then, fair enough, I didn't think you could.

Are you saying that the people who detonate the explosives are the soldiers?

Are you saying they planted the IED themselves?

Stop being pretentious and deal with the facts as they are laid before us.

It’s amazing how many people are ready to condemn the soldiers for something that appears to show of them blowing up a dog-for fun, and it appears that soldiers can be heard- off camera- laughing as the animal approaches a trap that they apparently set up by themselves.

Based on this fact less statement in the daily mail they must be guilty.

They appear to have done it, the camera doesn’t show them laughing so it could be anyone and they apparently set it up, so they may not have.

In other word because they happen to be there it must have been them that set it up and laughed. I hope I don’t find myself in front of a jury made up of people that require so little evidence to form an opinion of guilt.

:thumbsup:

If I could change my vote, I would. Having wasted half an hour reading this thread (I skipped the plankton bit, though) here is my view.

The paper reports that the IED was planted and detonated by the soldiers heard on the video. That being the case, then the premise in the poll is all wrong. But their seems to be a consensus that either the paper is wrong, or has been duped in some way; or that we are supposed to just forget about that and answer a hypotheical question.

So, hypothetically, I would look at my men - decide which one was the biggest jerk, and send him in to get the dog.

After all, hypothetically, the dog has never done me no harm. But the jerk I send in had been asking for it since we landed.

I know of at least half a dozen people i'd rather see blown to bits than the dog.

I can categorically state -

I've never been burgled by a dog.

I've never had my car damaged by a dog.

No dog has ever stolen any of my belongings.

Smackheads have done all of the above, gimme the trigger.

If I could change my vote, I would. Having wasted half an hour reading this thread (I skipped the plankton bit, though) here is my view.

The paper reports that the IED was planted and detonated by the soldiers heard on the video. That being the case, then the premise in the poll is all wrong. But their seems to be a consensus that either the paper is wrong, or has been duped in some way; or that we are supposed to just forget about that and answer a hypotheical question.

So, hypothetically, I would look at my men - decide which one was the biggest jerk, and send him in to get the dog.

After all, hypothetically, the dog has never done me no harm. But the jerk I send in had been asking for it since we landed.

No it doesn't.

For those that voted to Send a soldier in to remove the dog, if the dog stood on the IED just as the soldier got close, then the soldier would have be injured or dead.

For those that voted Wait for the dog to move. That’s probably what they did put the dog stood on the IED and detonated it.

I’m not sure why anyone would vote Shoot dog before he blows up. The dog would still be dead, and even more people would condemn the soldiers.,

No it doesn't.

This is what I was referring to

"On the footage, which surfaced two days ago, soldiers can be heard- off camera- laughing as the animal approaches a trap-apparently set up by themselves."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2080702/Horror-U-S-soldiers-blow-dog-Iraq-film-it.html#ixzz1iPb3838a

Archived