Ban High Interest Loan Advertising

There are alot of loan companies offering short term loans with staggering rates of interest. These types of businesses should be banned from advertising but they appear on National TV, radio and some peoples signatures.

I am sure this has been debated by the advertising companies but was the decision at all seen to be ethical or purely financial?

And in many cases those who do end up applying for DRO's too!

I assume you mean Debt Relief Order?

Some people are crap with money and shouldn't go for credit. The borrower has responsibilities as much as the lender. Some people who drink end up going to alcoholics anonymous, some people who purchase food gain weight and need medical intervention, should we ban the advertising of those too?

Some people are crap with money and shouldn't go for credit. The borrower has responsibilities as much as the lender. Some people who drink end up going to alcoholics anonymous, some people who purchase food gain weight and need medical intervention, should we ban the advertising of those too?

No we should abort stupid people.:)

We already do a lot to try to help people with those, e.g. certain food ads are banned already, there is even a new scheme for healthy eating out today!

Children are taught about the dangers of alcohol in school and there are public service adverts all the time on TV.

Over the last couple of years there has been a massive rise in the usage of these super high interest loans, and a reflected increase in files for bankruptcy and DRO's.

We already do a lot to try to help people with those, e.g. certain food ads are banned already, there is even a new scheme for healthy eating out today!

Children are taught about the dangers of alcohol in school and there are public service adverts all the time on TV.

Over the last couple of years there has been a massive rise in the usage of these super high interest loans, and a reflected increase in files for bankruptcy and DRO's.

Perhaps we should educate our children better about money too. Maybe we should teach people that they should live within their means rather than them spending money on food and alcohol which many over consume?

I think that's the key there. We live in a greedy, materialistic society. Banning and ad won't stop people being mass consumers. Banning all ads might. ;)

Perhaps we should educate our children better about money too. Maybe we should teach people that they should live within their means rather than them spending money on food and alcohol which many over consume?

I think that's the key there. We live in a greedy, materialistic society. Banning and ad won't stop people being mass consumers. Banning all ads might. ;)

Not all ads work in the way these do.

These ads are targeted at a vulnerable audience who are generally in no fit state to undertake such a high risk agreement.

Archived