Ban High Interest Loan Advertising

Good for you. Doesn't change the fact that all people are responsible for their own actions.

Supposed to be responsible, yes, will be held responsible, yes... but as they are persuaded to make the decision (take the easy option) are they responsible?

Not all ads work in the way these do.

These ads are targeted at a vulnerable audience who are generally in no fit state to undertake such a high risk agreement.

We're verging on 'capacity' to enter into a contract here......but who is going to police that?

There are alot of loan companies offering short term loans with staggering rates of interest. These types of businesses should be banned from advertising but they appear on National TV, radio and some peoples signatures.

I am sure this has been debated by the advertising companies but was the decision at all seen to be ethical or purely financial?

I just think they should be banned full stop! The amounts of interest charged are immoral & you'd have to be a simpleton to even go near them!

As Tony has said earlier we need more education on money matters for citizens in this country......preferably at schooling age......or even older if they keep needing to resort to these sorts of immoral loans!

It's nothing more than 'Knee-cap' finance out of the VIZ!

What would the limit be that you would set?

Not sure I quite understand what you're asking...

But...

To qualify for one of these loans you should be in provable employment for at least a certain duration.

People on benefits can't afford loans like these!

Archived