Recommend a nice country pub..

Pinnacle PAT

We fell out with the strines eighteen years ago. One sunday morning we called in for a coffee about eleven in the morning it was chucking it down and very windy,we had our two girls with us aged ten and twelve they would not serve us unless we sat outside.I told them what to do with the overpriced coffee and we called at Hope and were made welcome at the first pub we tried.Stines is on our way to the peak district and was a regular stopping place in the summer months.Over the years they have lost hundreds of pounds of my trade.

Makes you wonder how they've managed to keep going.

Although I have to say,I've never been back to the Millstone at Hathersage snce they wouldn't serve us as bikers in 1977!

We fell out with the strines eighteen years ago. One sunday morning we called in for a coffee about eleven in the morning it was chucking it down and very windy,we had our two girls with us aged ten and twelve they would not serve us unless we sat outside.I told them what to do with the overpriced coffee and we called at Hope and were made welcome at the first pub we tried.

That's one hell of a grudge to bear for so long :hihi:

We fell out with the strines eighteen years ago. One sunday morning we called in for a coffee about eleven in the morning it was chucking it down and very windy,we had our two girls with us aged ten and twelve they would not serve us unless we sat outside.I told them what to do with the overpriced coffee and we called at Hope and were made welcome at the first pub we tried.Stines is on our way to the peak district and was a regular stopping place in the summer months.Over the years they have lost hundreds of pounds of my trade.

I stopped going to the Old Horns at High Bradfield in 1983 after they served some one before me.They are still doing well I believe.

(Memo to self - Get over it )

the waggon and horses in langsett is somewhere I've been going all my life.

It may be a bit far out but it's a lovely little pub if you're ever in the area with very nice home cooked food with a small menu and you could even go for a walk round the reservoir whilst you're out there.

check the opening times though it's not usually open in the afternoon for long.

Cricket Inn at Totley is nice - good for food, good beer and has a log fire in the older bit ... it's also got a field to run your dog / children :hihi:

not quite Derbyshire tho :|

Where do you think the 'older bit' is? If you think it's not the barn room, it was used as a mortuary in the nineteenth century? :huh:

You sure know how to hold a grudge :hihi:

Archived