Peak district pub help

Yiderlier

The Castle or the Cheddar Cheese if they are still there

There are 2 Cheshire Cheese pubs in that area. One in Castleton itself, the other on Edale Road at Hope. The latter is better.

The Scotsman's Pack at Hathersage would probably be my choice for simple pub food in that area.

If the OP is willing to travel a little from there I'd send him off to Whitehough near Chinley, to the Old Hall Inn.

There are 2 Cheshire Cheese pubs in that area. One in Castleton itself, the other on Edale Road at Hope. The latter is better.

The Scotsman's Pack at Hathersage would probably be my choice for simple pub food in that area.

If the OP is willing to travel a little from there I'd send him off to Whitehough near Chinley, to the Old Hall Inn.

Its a shame the one on Edale Road has gone downhill from what it was .

Isn't the one in Castleton called Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, and the one on the Edale Road called The Cheshire Cheese?

Isn't the one in Castleton called Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, and the one on the Edale Road called The Cheshire Cheese?

I think you're right about that. There was a slight difference in the names.

Sorry to hear the one on Edale road has gone downhill though. Peter Eustace, the ex Wednesday footballer, used to have it some years ago and it was cracking then.

We used to enjoy the beer and the food but it's a few years now since we ate there, although I called for a drink last summer and thought it must have changed hands as the beer was rubbish for a start.

I think you're right about that. There was a slight difference in the names.

Sorry to hear the one on Edale road has gone downhill though. Peter Eustace, the ex Wednesday footballer, used to have it some years ago and it was cracking then.

We used to enjoy the beer and the food but it's a few years now since we ate there, although I called for a drink last summer and thought it must have changed hands as the beer was rubbish for a start.

Bill and Ann(Anne) Stanaway also used to run it, I could never have imagined two ex MET police officers running a pub on the Edale Road.

Archived