Peak district pub help

Yiderlier

soulgirl

poachers at hope was a great meal'on mondays they used to do a curry to get rid of leftover roasts from sundays.they were huge was a good man who left a clean plate

I should get my coat, it was The House of Anton, Anton was the chef at the Old Hall when Jack and Connie Jones ran it, they later moved to the Dore Moor.

Didn't Bill and Anne Stannaway have the Sidings in Dronfield? That was a great pub when they ran it.

I think they both moved back down south when they came out of there.

Yes, and the Royal Oak at the bottom of Cemetery Road and the Yorkshire Grey on Carver Street, I wonder what happened to them.

Yes, and the Royal Oak at the bottom of Cemetery Road and the Yorkshire Grey on Carver Street, I wonder what happened to them.

Hopefully they have gone somewhere never to be seen again, phew were the locals glad when they left the valley :hihi:

Would you care to elaborate? They were seen at the Yorkshire Grey, your point please. :huh:

When they had the Cheshire Cheese in Hope, we were pleased when they left! They also had the The Barrel, The Red House and the Devonshire Arms bottom of Eccy rd. I never saw them at the Yorkshire Grey :)

Not when they left the Valley she wasn't , maybe you are thinking of someone else :)

She had been diagnosed as suffering from cancer prior to them taking over, Bill didn't fancy running a busy town pub with Anne being ill. Both my wife and I knew them and found them to be fine.

Where do you live, Castleton perhaps? Like your very personal post, it's beyond hope.

She had been diagnosed as suffering from cancer prior to them taking over, Bill didn't fancy running a busy town pub with Anne being ill. Both my wife and I knew them and found them to be fine.

Where do you live, Castleton perhaps? Like your very personal post, it's beyond hope.

No, unfortunately, I don't live in Castleton wish I did :hihi: Anne was definitely in fine fettle when I knew her ,though they weren't at the Cheese for very long :) Are you no longer in touch with them ?

Archived