Wedding Days shop - Chesterfield Road

Hi Claiireee,

They were really nice, I don't do dresses normally but made me feel really comfortable about trying them on.

I'm reading all these posts now and not sure what to think. I know there is sign on the door, I will go and have a read of it in the morning, maybe it will shed more light on things.

x

Ok I do know that their website disappeared before Christmas, then I picked my dress up and was told they were decorating over Christmas. I have looked, just now, for website again, it looks like a new one is being made (same phone number as before). I will look at sign on the door tomorrow and let you know if anything, what it says.

x

She's definitely gone bust! I ordered my suits from there and have contacted Cameron Ross direct, her accounts closed and no deposits were paid! But thankfully if I fax the receipt today they are going to credit another franchise so we dont need to pay again! I am so angry that she's lied on the door sign! Thats worse then actually putting the truth! Fortunately i dont get married until June, but its the best day of someones life that may be ruined! This has made me take out insurance! Hope others get sorted

OK, I checked the sign on the door. It says they were closing for a refit on the 16th of Dec and reopening on the 10th Jan. There is no sign of any work being done, a pile of post on the floor and a very empty shop! I think maybe it has closed!

The website does say 'new store coming soon!', but who knows?!?!? I cant see why the website would suddenly reappear if there wasn't going to be a shop, maybe refit plans have had to go on hold or maybe the store will be online.

Will post if I see anything happening, I pass it most days.

x

Just to let you know she will not be opening the shop at all, it has closed down for good and not for a refurb. She delivered my dress to my house on the 29th December ready for our wedding on the 31st December 2011. She told me that she isnt opening it again and didn't want to worry me until I had my dress in my hand. She also said she was sending letters to brides who had ordered dresses etc. She has closed the shop for good, sorry.

She's definitely gone bust! I ordered my suits from there and have contacted Cameron Ross direct, her accounts closed and no deposits were paid! But thankfully if I fax the receipt today they are going to credit another franchise so we dont need to pay again! I am so angry that she's lied on the door sign! Thats worse then actually putting the truth! Fortunately i dont get married until June, but its the best day of someones life that may be ruined! This has made me take out insurance! Hope others get sorted

Hi Kerri32,

I have just tried to ring them (before reading all this) and found their phone line disconnected.

I too have ordered my menswear from there and have paid a £70 deposit. I looked on the Cameron Ross website but could not find a contact number/email. Do you have this? Can't believe it has happened in such a terrible way. Are you going to the Barnsley branch?

If you can let me know all you know before I start ringing round.

Thanks,

Liz

H

Barnsley gave me the number, i haven't kept it. I am going with the Stavely shop as Barnsley quoted me £600 & Wedding Days £415! The man at Stavely has been in touch with Cameron Ross and agreed to honour my original quote which I dropped him off Saturday.

Archived