Why do so many people hate our protesters?

As is peacefully objecting to protesters.:)

Absolutely. Of course.

But for example when people start talking down other protesters because they dress differently or are perceived to wash less often then it kind of loses impact. It becomes less of a protest about the protest and more of an attack on the protestors.

I don't get it? When they do it in places like Libya we all say good on'em and praise them for fighting what they beleive is fair, when any of us do it we're potrayed as been silly?

Because we have the government we voted for, and we get to vote them out if we don't like them.

Libyans haven't done so for at least forty years, if ever.

Lets arm the police with real ammo, after a few scroates get taken out the rest will soon come in line and go home.

What a very foolish and short sighted idea. If the police started killing protestors there would be public disorder on an unprecedented scale.

General Elections are only part of living in a democracy - and in our case, not a very effective one.

Nonsense. They're highly effective; we get what we choose. That some people don't bother to choose, is not a fault of the system; nor is the fact that they may end up with something they don't like.

Nonsense. They're highly effective; we get what we choose.

We get the choice of 1 MP. Out of all the MPs we get the government that can form a majority. Nobody actually chose to have a LibDem/Conservative coalition, and only a very small amount of people got to vote Cameron to be Prime Minister*, and zero people voted for our Head-of-State.

To argue pro-democracy in Britain is a little backwards, seeing as we have the most diluted version of it that could exist.

Edit* - I suppose I should add that he wasn't voted to be Prime Minister, just leader of his party. To be consistent.

We get the choice of 1 MP. Out of all the MPs we get the government that can form a majority. Nobody actually chose to have a LibDem/Conservative coalition, and only a very small amount of people got to vote Cameron to be Prime Minister, and zero people voted for our Head-of-State.

To argue pro-democracy in Britain is a little backwards, seeing as we have the most diluted version of it that could exist.

I don’t know how you work that out, everyone that voted for their conservative MP new that they were voting for Cameron to be PM, everyone that voted for their Lb Dem MP new that their only chance of power was a coalition, they still voted Lib Dem and got what they wanted. The government represents more people than any government in recent history.

everyone that voted for their conservative MP new that they were voting for Cameron to be PM

A contradiction. You can't know anything until you know the outcome. The only way everyone can vote Cameron to be PM is in a ballot.

I only get to pick which person represents me in Parliament. Ignoring the council, that has been my 1 single vote for my entire life.

Archived