Why do so many people hate our protesters?

It’s not a contradiction at all; you know beforehand that a vote for your party MP is also a vote for your party leader to become PM.

No you don't. You know that the party may form a majority, and that the leader may become PM. That isn't the same as voting for a PM, or the same as knowing that he will become PM.

Does any of that personally impact on you? Do you live near the Cathedral?

We normally go to watch the Morris Dancers there, but as the square where they perform was being blocked by a load of dossers we didn't bother.

No you don't. You know that the party may form a majority, and that the leader may become PM. That isn't the same as voting for a PM, or the same as knowing that he will become PM.

Where in my post do I say you will know who the PM will be, but you do know that vote for a party is a vote for the leader of the party to become PM. I don't know of any time in history when the winning party leader hasn’t become PM.

I don't get it? When they do it in places like Libya we all say good on'em and praise them for fighting what they beleive is fair, when any of us do it we're potrayed as been silly?

You may love our government, bankers, the privatised NHS and the necessary cuts etc, but what is so wrong with standing up for what you believe in? So what if some of them are a bit middle class and crusty, need a wash, off with the fairies, spout fashionable stuff from the Guardian, what harm are they doing?

I think they are viewed as the middle class twerps who benefited from the New Labour years.

The ones who fully supported the complete shafting of the true working class during the early 2000s, and who now are finally getting a bit of pain themselves.

They come accross as cry babys, the people who lived in the ivory towers with well paid, insulated jobs. At long last common sense is prevailing, yet these people appear to stand in the way of the conservatives doing the right thing.

They claim bankers make millions and avoid tax, well, if you are one of the working class who suffered during the new labour years, then someone in a 40k per annum non job will be viewed as a millionaire - especially if your own wages have been cut over the past few years

All coalition is by its nature the "losing party".

Every party ever elected is technically the losing party because no party as ever had the majority of public support. More people vote for something other than the winning party.

Every party ever elected is technically the losing party

You were the one who used the term "winning party". Every winning party ever elected is technically the losing party? Is this really your line?

:)

My point, and I'll stop playing silly games with you. I vote for one MP, that is my sole contribution to this country. I get one representative in the House of Commons.

I don't pick the leader of any party. I don't pick the PM. I don't pick anybody in the House of Lords. I don't pick anybody into Government. I don't pick anybody into Cabinet. I get no vote on Head-of-State.

I don't get it? When they do it in places like Libya we all say good on'em and praise them for fighting what they beleive is fair, when any of us do it we're potrayed as been silly?

You may love our government, bankers, the privatised NHS and the necessary cuts etc, but what at s so wrong with standing up for what you believe in? So what if some of them are a bit middle class and crusty, need a wash, off with the fairies, spout fashionable stuff from the Guardian, what harm are they doing?

I lost all respect for the environmentalist "action groups" during the Twyford Down M3 protests in the late 80s. So we had an entire part of the country cut off from the motorway network, with sensible steps being taken to remedy the situation. (People of Sheffield be thankful. You have the M1. You have the A1. The people of Southampton and Bournemouth had a single carriageway road through Winchester city centre.) Along come a group of non-local renta-protesters. No grasp of reality or economics, just an absolute lust to not work for a living. When I see a anti-globalisation protester, I think of them. Sorry guys, but you are your own worst enemies.

You were the one who used the term "winning party". Every winning party ever elected is technically the losing party? Is this really your line?

:)

My point, and I'll stop playing silly games with you. I vote for one MP, that is my sole contribution to this country. I get one representative in the House of Commons.

I don't pick the leader of any party. I don't pick the PM. I don't pick anybody in the House of Lords. I don't pick anybody into Government. I don't pick anybody into Cabinet. I get no vote on Head-of-State.

No I’m just using the same reasoning you have used to say a coalition is a losing government. The coalition are the elected government and were elected using the same rules we use to elect all governments, just because it isn’t what you want does mean they weren’t elected.

It’s nice that you've had a representative in government; I never had a representative in government.

Archived