Why do so many people hate our protesters?

I never said that. I said 'losing party'. You can't even give me the decency of representing my point properly.

I'm not sure you actually have a point. You and all the people in your area get to choose which person will represent you in Parliament; that person, along with all the people representing other areas of the country, consult with each other about how best to form a working government.

That's how representative democracy is supposed to work. The alternative is a Parliament of 50-something million people, and none of us would have jobs because we'd be busy arguing about how to run the country.

I'm not sure you actually have a point.

Of course I do. My point is that I get 1 vote for 1 MP. It is fundamentally true. My second point is that I do not vote for the Prime Minister, or any of the other things on my list. That is fundamentally true also.

Now, you can argue the benefits of that system, and I can argue the benefits of other systems, but I do have a point. :)

I never said that. I said 'losing party'. You can't even give me the decency of representing my point properly.

The winning party forms the government, so if as you claim the winning party is the losing party, then the government is always the loser. I don’t agree, but if it makes you feel happy thinking that than go for it, I see little point in trying to change your mind.

The problem with that though is that the majority of people that vote conservative don't have the free time to stand around protesting, whist the people that vote Labour usually have all the time in the world to stand about protesting..

Rubbish attempt at a joke.

anyway, did you forget about the 400000 who protested against the hunting ban in 2001. If people feel strongly enough they find the time.

Archived