Why do so many people hate our protesters?

...because they are generally getting in the way, being disruptive and uncooperative when asked peacefully to vacate, break tresspass laws, refuse to listen to reasonable arguments or evidence, have no real agenda or REALISTC goals, make the place look untidy and are usually total hypercrites by using and facilitating the very "system" they claim to be protesting against.

Yep ............ just about sums it up perfectly ................. I couldnt agree more.

We get the choice of 1 MP. Out of all the MPs we get the government that can form a majority. Nobody actually chose to have a LibDem/Conservative coalition, and only a very small amount of people got to vote Cameron to be Prime Minister*, and zero people voted for our Head-of-State.

To argue pro-democracy in Britain is a little backwards, seeing as we have the most diluted version of it that could exist.

Edit* - I suppose I should add that he wasn't voted to be Prime Minister, just leader of his party. To be consistent.

What choice do they get in Syria? Gadaffi was a man of the people wasn't he?

While the situation may be bad here, it can be changed, legally, peacefully & democratically, they could set up their own political party if they don't agree with the current ones. Our protesters aren't doing that & they don't even know how they want the country to be changed, they're just a waste of space.

That was your line. You said it and I questioned it.

You're just being obtuse now, so I won't be dealing with you. We're a little off-topic anyway.

This is the point you made

All coalition is by its nature the "losing party".

and everything after that was me explaining why you was wrong.

The coalition is the elected government made up from the people we voted; they have a majority and represent more people than any other government before them.

Not true.

The people who vote for the Green Party don't expect to elect a Green PM - same with any minority party vote.

Are you saying that people that vote green don't want their MP to win and don't want the party to become the next government? It’s a bit stupid voting for someone that you don't want to win don't you think.

I can't be wrong. Coalition is by its very nature two losing parties. :)

And we go round in circles, if that is the case every government is always formed from a losing party, which is clearly ridiculous.

The winning party which was the conservative party formed the government with another party.

The winning party is the one with the most votes and seats.

Archived