Why don't the unemployed start their own businesses?

Yes that would be you.

So if you know everything how would you pay yourself in a limited company?

Oh, here we go again. Did I say I knew everything... no I did not :loopy: So far, you have resorted to calling me names, accusing me of being a troll and now, you are making things up.

Oh, here we go again. Did I say I knew everything... no I did not :loopy: So far, you have resorted to calling me names, accusing me of being a troll and now, you are making things up.

And still incapable of answering the question.

So do tell us..

"And why would they do that... there are other ways of paying yourself, ones which don't attract such hefty taxation."

Which are?

I think that most folks working for others as plasterers or motor mechanics already have the tools of the trade in their own tool box.

Having a hammer and a couple of spanners in your toolbox doesn't necessarily qualify you to run and or start a business.

Title question seems juvenile if not short sighted.

I think that most folks working for others as plasterers or motor mechanics already have the tools of the trade in their own tool box.

So what? I was answering the point that all anyone needs is a computer and the internet, that's clearly not the case as there are thousands of skill sets which either need a lot of stuff in addition to that, or don't need that at all.

You're wrong anyway, a motor mechanic or plasterer will have a lot of tools, but if employed there are additional tools provided by their employer. Going self employed would require them to get those additional things themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the assetts of a limited company become a seperate entity from the assetts of the individuals who formed the company and therefore payments need to be taken as salary.

You're wrong.

Did you start this thread without even understanding the basics of being self employed through a limited company??? (Or partnership or sole trader or umbrella company)

Dyson's head quarters are still in the UK :suspect:

Dyson employs over a thousand people in the UK, and many of these are highly skilled technical and engineering roles - had he kept his bulk manufacturing operation in the UK, it's likely that his competitive advantage would have been seriously eroded.

Archived