Why don't the unemployed start their own businesses?

You seem to have confused an entrepreneur with someone working for a company and receiving 200k salary and 20k pension contribution.

You mean like someone who forms a limited company and pays themselves a salary?

If your skills are as a motor mechanic or a plasterer then you'll find that it's very difficult to do that sort of work with only a computer and the internet.

I think that most folks working for others as plasterers or motor mechanics already have the tools of the trade in their own tool box.

And why would they do that... there are other ways of paying yourself, ones which don't attract such hefty taxation.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the assetts of a limited company become a seperate entity from the assetts of the individuals who formed the company and therefore payments need to be taken as salary.

Did I say a limited company? Don't assume!

Who is assuming anything?

This is what you responded to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinyl

QUOTE=Agent Orange

And why would they do that... there are other ways of paying yourself, ones which don't attract such hefty taxation.

Who is assuming anything?

This is what you responded to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinyl

QUOTE=Agent Orange

Quite clearly you assumed I mean't a limited company. However, I meant there are other ways of being paid through companies that are not limited.

Quite clearly you assumed I mean't a limited company. However, I meant there are other ways of being paid through companies that are not limited.

I assumed nothing. When someone responds to a comment "You mean like someone who forms a limited company and pays themselves a salary? by saying "And why would they do that... there are other ways of paying yourself, ones which don't attract such hefty taxation " you can assume that they are talking about your post.

I now just assume that you are just a trolling idiot.

I assumed nothing. When someone responds to a comment "You mean like someone who forms a limited company and pays themselves a salary? by saying "And why would they do that... there are other ways of paying yourself, ones which don't attract such hefty taxation " you can assume that they are talking about your post.

I now just assume that you are just a trolling idiot.

Or talking about a certain part of your post :)

I think we both know who the troll is... I was merely debating and not calling names, unlike someone we know ;)

Archived