Pyramid Politics.

Discuss.....O.k......my problem with the current system is that an MP is elected to represent the people / constituents of the electoral area.

Now if the majority of the constituents write to their MP about an issue & there is an overwhelming anger about something, but the MP feels differently & votes on a key issue in the opposite direction:-

a) where is the democracy?

b) where is the representation?

Back on topic......how do you think your 250 / 250 plan will alter what I have illustrated above?

Discuss.....O.k......my problem with the current system is that an MP is elected to represent the people / constituents of the electoral area.

Now if the majority of the constituents write to their MP about an issue & there is an overwhelming anger about something, but the MP feels differently & votes on a key issue in the opposite direction:-

a) where is the democracy?

b) where is the representation?

Back on topic......how do you think your 250 / 250 plan will alter what I have illustrated above?

They are only likely to do that when they have a safe seat, and the reason MP’s have safe seats is the stupidity of the electorate.

They are only likely to do that when they have a safe seat, and the reason MP’s have safe seats is the stupidity of the electorate.

Plenty of that about......

Saying that we're all guilty of falling for the rhetoric that can come out of politicians mouths.

Me personally....that last election was 'last chance saloon' as far as politics was concerned for me. Totally uninterested in voting from here on.....

Archived