How can I find my wedding date without requesting certificate

Strange you don't remember the day you got married?

I divorced over 20 years ago but still remember the date of my wedding. My mother divorced my Dad 25 years ago after 25 years of marriage. She's since remarried but still remembers the date of her first marriage.

Something seems a bit fishy here :suspect:

Yeah, I think it's a bit fish too. I am sure the Passport Agency do not need that information when processing a child's passport. Parent's information, certainly.

Yeah, I think it's a bit fish too. I am sure the Passport Agency do not need that information when processing a child's passport. Parent's information, certainly.

I have to say that that did surprise me, I can't recall having to provide this kind of information when we got my kids' passports, but things may have changed? Perhaps they're more stringent now?

My daughter is applying for a passport for my grandson and it asks for her parents date of marriage. We divorced over 20 years ago and I have no idea of the date. If I apply for a copy of the marriage certificate it will cost me £25, which I'm loathed to do. Does anyone know of any other ways I might find it?

Are you saying that you can't remember the date you got married..or have I mis-understood something..?

HarmoKnee - what do you mean something seems a bit fishy - what are you implying ????

People are very suspicious on this Forum :)

Rather than believe that you could possibly have forgotten your wedding date, they may believe that you are a crazed stalker who needs to find out the date of someone else's wedding in order to put into play some devious dastardly plan... :suspect:

I'm on the fence :hihi:

HarmoKnee - what do you mean something seems a bit fishy - what are you implying ????

I don't know that it's fishy, but a few things don't add up.

You start off saying your daughter is applying for a passport, then you say WE divorced over 20 years ago.

This must make your grandson at least 20 old.

Why no let him apply for his passport himself?

Then all he needs is a birth certificate.

Have you tried using a UK genealogy site, using a free registration or trial period? Their records are duplicated from the same source. Not sure if they'd have data as recent as yours, though, but maybe worth a shot?

You can search marriage records for free on Genes Reunited once you've registered.

You start off saying your daughter is applying for a passport, then you say WE divorced over 20 years ago.

if they divorced "over 20 years ago" her daughter could be as young as 25ish - that could make her grandson a young child - why "must" it make the grandson at least 20 years old?

and for those of you who can't believe that someone can forget the date of their marriage - I can remember the date of my first marriage in 1993, but can't remember the date of my second marriage in 2009 (or maybe 2008 ) - some things are just not worth remembering

Indeed people are very suspicious, your post doesn't add up I suggest you rethink your post above :)

It implies nothing of the sort- it suggests that the OP's DAUGHTER is over 20 years old, which could mean that the grandson is anything down to just a few days old. However, there are plenty of circumstances where a child is born to a couple after a divorce, so even that is not a certainty.

Archived