How can I find my wedding date without requesting certificate

Look - my daughter has just got a passport form for my 6 month old grandson and apparently Section 8 asks for the applicant to give any other information that may be relevant – such as details of grandparents.

Shameful as some obviously think, I can't remember the exact date I got married nor can I find any relevant correspondence ... I hang my head in shame !!!!

Anyhow, I have been informed that for £9 I can fill in a form with approximate dates, and the register office will process it within a week.

Thanks for the constructive replies and to those who posted unconstructive replies, get a life !!!!

Oh and a happy new year :-)

Can't you just leave it blank?

I don't see that it is a vital part of the application.

I'm also pretty sure I never had to put anything of the sort on my kid's passports!

Unfortunately, you can't just leave questions blank on a passport application because you don't feel like filling it in, if the information is required and left blank the application will definitely be sent back!

Unfortunately, you can't just leave questions blank on a passport application because you don't feel like filling it in, if the information is required and left blank the application will definitely be sent back!

It surely must be left blank when the parents of the child are/were not married?

Archived