How can I find my wedding date without requesting certificate

Is the date of marriage on your daughter's birth certificate by any chance? I know you have maiden name and name at marriage, not sure if the date is there?

If its just asking for extra info that might be relevant, like Grandparent's details, do you have to fill that in?

No, liars could be prosecuted for fraud/perjury.

Could always say it was a genuine mistake based on memory if queried. I have many dates in my memory, who knows how many of them are incorrect. In good faith an incorrect date could easily be given.

Unfortunately, you can't just leave questions blank on a passport application because you don't feel like filling it in, if the information is required and left blank the application will definitely be sent back!

You can leave it blank if it's not required information. I have no idea when my grandparents married and have never needed to put that information on a passport form.

You can leave it blank if it's not required information. I have no idea when my grandparents married and have never needed to put that information on a passport form.

I read up on this earlier and forgot to post!

It states on the form that if both parents were born after 1982, or outside the UK, you need either the Grandparent's dates of marriage or proof of the parents claim to live in the UK.

I probably didn't put this on my daughter's passport form, as my parents were never married, but I don't remember it being a question at the time.

Archived