How many more years have we got, until people are forced to work locally?

I have always thought that were ever possible people should work locally; there will definitely be people from Sheffield working in Doncaster doing the same job for the same pay as someone from Doncaster working in Sheffield. I think it should be compulsory for an employer to employer the closest suitable person for the job; this would cut rush hour congestion, save valuable resources, cut pollution and help the environment.

This is a superb suggestion,and in the long run would benefit the whole nation.

This is a superb suggestion,and in the long run would benefit the whole nation.

I suggested it about 20 years ago to some government survey seminar that I attended; obviously they didn't think it was such a good idea.:)

Unless they only implement good ideas when it’s too late.:D

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Gettinginvolvedinyourcommunity/Volunteering/DG_064299

Rich, the first paragraph pretty much sums your situation up fella.

I would have thought the second paragraph would be more appropriate..especially the sentence "The only requirement is that you continue to meet the conditions of the benefit or tax credit you are receiving." with the emphasis on the words "conditions of benefit"

Archived