Are peugeot 306's any good?

hi im selling my car and getting a different one as only got a KA and got a baby on the way so need a bigger car. have seen a Peugeot 306 for sale which i quite like however have never had a peugeot before and wondered if they were any good? are they prone to any particular faults etc?

thanks

There is usually a lot of bad reports on french cars in general,the electrics are often said to be a fault. Personally i have had 4 peugeots and a renault with no problems at all. Saying that i do change cars every three years, so as for long term ownership .i cant really say.

The diesels are tremendous. I contribute to a Peugeot forum and the 306 section is the quietest of the lot!

Good, low mileage 306 diesels can fetch upto £2000, I've never known an equivalent make of the same year fetch anywhere near that. They age incredibly well too - take a look at a secondhand 306 with about 120,000 miles on the clock and the interior will look like its done half that.

The electric problems I've encountered (I've had three diesel 306's, one petrol, two diesel 307s and a 407) have simply been down to poor maintenance on behalf of the previous owner - failure to keep the water channels clear of muck, or ensure the battery earth strap is clean and rust free.

Plus parts are pretty cheap - even from the dealers.

we hav now had 2 different peugeot's a 307 and we now hav a 308 and never spent a penny on the engines apart form servieces and tyres so i dont hink the are that bad

Personally i dont rate the 307, i dont think it is a patch on the 306 IMO, if your going for 306 i would recommend a diesel....as said before, electrics not great..

I dont rate Peugeot's AT ALL, a couple of my mate's had them and had nothing but problem's.

I have had 2 Vauxhall corsa's, the first was a t reg 1.0 and i had that for about 2 year's, with no major problem's

The corsa i have now is a 1.4 55plate, same again not any problem's.

If i were getting a new car i would definatly try and get anouther vauxhall... 2nd best manufacturer in my opion is VW

Archived