Are peugeot 306's any good?

I reckon for the price of a decent spec 306 diesel, you could get a VW diesel (golf/polo) for the same price. VW diesels are notoriously bulletproof when maintained properly.

Modern VAG tdis arent bulletproof at all, the turbos are prone to jamming vnt mechs, especially with town driving

Just check the heaters work! Heater matrix is a hard job and I hat to do it on both my 306s, and cut my hands about a hundred times

---------- Post added 20-02-2013 at 12:09 ----------

Modern VAG tdis arent bulletproof at all, the turbos are prone to jamming vnt mechs, especially with town driving

Older ones are though, the PD 1.9 engines don't break, you do need to put them through their paces every week or so to clean out any build up.

Just check the heaters work! Heater matrix is a hard job and I hat to do it on both my 306s, and cut my hands about a hundred times

It's easy to pop the headgasket on the 1.9 TD as well, bit of a dark art to bleeding the system properly - if you don't get it right you can get an air lock.

Archived